ENGLISH PROJECT#9 PAST VS PERFECT TENSE

ENGLISH PROJECT #9
~PAST TENSE VS PAST PERFECT TENSE~







hiii guyss back again with mee.... how are u guys? i hope you guys always doing fine 
so for this week blog topic we will discuss about past tense vs perfect past tense.



so after u wach the video, u guys will know the diffrence betwwen past tense vs perfect past tense.

Simple Past Tense

Here is an infographic summarizing the simple past tense.

Examples of the Simple Past Tense

  • played when I was younger.
  • saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. (Italian sculptor Michelangelo)
  • Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing. (Actor and comedian Robert Benchley)
  • Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. (French writer Voltaire)
  • wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake. (Comedian Mitch Hedberg)
  • I have never played a hero before so I jumped at the chance. (Actor Adrian Edmondson)
  • My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.




Past Perfect Tense

Here is an infographic summarizing the past perfect tense.



Examples of the Past Perfect Tense

"had"
 + 
[past participle]
  • had played already.
  • had crossed the line. I was free, but there was no one to welcome me to the land of freedom. I was a stranger in a strange land. (Political activist Harriet Tubman)
  • had seen birth and death but had thought they were different. (Poet T S Eliot)
  • There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today. (Journalist Mignon McLaughlin)
  • I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter.
  • When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
  • If we had had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes. (Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky)
  • What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner. (Author Sidonie Gabrielle Colette)
  • had always seen myself as a star; I wanted to be a galaxy. (Dancer Twyla Tharp)
  • (Note that adverbs (here, always can appear in the middle of the verb chain.)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you so much for read this blog and if there any question u can leave it on the comment section down below.
c yaaaa...
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENGLISH PROJECT #11 BATTLE OF SURABAYA #RECTEXT

ENGLISH PROJECT#2 introducing new friend:))